This Saturday was another Alvernia Open House! The Ambassadors have to start off their day very early to prepare for the prospective students and families. I’m talking 7AM! Now, to some of you, that might not seem that early. Although, to college students who usually don’t wake up until 11am or noon, it is a challenge. Then we help set up a few things and finally go to our spots to welcome the families.
My favorite part about the open houses is just to mingle to the families before the open house gets started. I love learning about who the students are, how far they came to be here, and what they are looking forward to about coming to college. I was very excited for this open house for one particular reason. I was invited to speak in front of families and students about the Alvernia Facebook and Twitter! This was a unique and exciting opportunity for me because this was the first time I have given a speech to about 100 people! All I could think about before I went up there was as a business major, I should be able to go up in front of a lot of people and give a speech. It’s somewhat of a necessity if I am going to be successful in a job one day. I kept telling myself I know I can do this! With that confidence, I was able to give an amazing talk to the students and parents! Below is a picture of it!
Speaking in front of them just gave me so much more confidence that I am in the right major and can do anything that I set my mind too. I am very excited to do it again! Overall, the open house was a HUGE success, and I can’t wait for the next one!
As some of you know, I work for Aerie which is the Lingerie side to American Eagle. They just came out with a new campaign called Aerie Real! It’s all about being the real you and no retouching on their photos. This is because they are showing that the real you is beautiful no matter what! I am in LOVE with this new idea and I think it could really be a huge deal in the lingerie world of fashion. No more retouching models, natural and beautiful is the key! Here is the link where Aerie gets to share their new look with Good Morning America!
Thanksgiving break went way to fast!! The delicious food and exciting family time made for a wonderful break. What made it more exciting was my retail job on black Friday! I work for Aerie which is a part of American Eagle Outfitters. We call it Green Week. (The week we make the most money.) As a sales associate I never stopped moving and helping customers with their holiday shopping lists. We ended up beating our sales that we had last year on black Friday and it made for an amazing weekend.
Now that Thanksgiving is over it is time for the last week of classes and to prepare for finals week. Aside from a research paper and a test this Thursday this week should fly! For finals weeks there are a couple things I do that might help you when preparing for those dreaded final tests.
1. STUDY! It seems that it would be a given to study for your finals, but i know many college students who decide to “wing” their finals and end up not doing well on their tests. Also I would suggest doing your studying in the morning or whenever your prime time is, I always seem to retain more information in the morning.
2. Get lots of sleep. Especially the night before one of your finals.
3. Take advantage of the Student Activities events that are going on. This is a great stress relief when you can eat some food for late night breakfast or go off to the movies with your friends!
4. Don’t stress yourself out! Yes, these are finals and they do effect your grade, but it is still just a test. You have taken them before in your classes and if you know how your professor gives tests, you will be fine.
5. Take advantage of reviews for exams. Make sure to take notes on those reviews and look over your previous exams if you have them. The more knowledge you have on the subject, the better you will do.
Good luck on finals!